Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Favorite Salad Dressing

Well, it is pretty much my favorite salad dressing, but it's also what it's called. This comes from the ONLY decent food allergy cookbook I have ever found. It's a top-8 allergy free cookbook. Now that we only have 3 of those, it's not my only cookbook, but I'll forever be grateful to Cybele for a year of meals that were so good that I didn't feel like I was eating Asher-safe food.

My Favorite Salad Dressing
The Whole Foods Allergy Cookbook

1 small clove garlic, minced very fine
10 fresh basil leaves, chopped or torn
2 t Dijon mustard
1 T honey
2 T unseasoned rice vinegar
2 T balsamic vinegar
1/2 c olive oil

Blend garlic, basic mustard and honey in blender. Add rice vinegar and balsamic vinegar, mixing thoroughly. Then add olive oil slowly as blender runs.

No comments: