Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hitting It Out of the Park

Yes, that's what I've done for a whopping 2 nights in a row--made 2 dinners that my kids LOVED. And, where did I get these recipes, you might ask?

From my lovely Christmas present, a subscription to Cook's Country. In February's issue, I found a recipe for meatloaf. I'm not a fan of meatloaf, but my kids love hamburgers, so I made this (before I read Jessica's article, darn it!). The glaze totally makes it!

Then, there was a 30 minute supper called "Chicken Lo Mein," made with lots of ramen noodles (Nate says, "Tell them to make sure they like ramen!"), some pre-packaged coleslaw (minus the dressing)--next time I'd use broccoli slaw instead, and chicken with a tasty sauce. This was a perfect "piano lesson day" dinner. I made the sauce and chicken beforehand, so all I had to do was cook the noodles, throw in the coleslaw, and dinner was done.

So, go to your library if you're cheap like me, or go buy next month's issue. (Next up, I'm trying the glazed roasted butternut squash.)

2 comments:

Kate said...

You have been posting SO many great recipes lately. I haven't even been reading blogs, much less updating my own. I'm so behind.
Anyway, I'm very happy for some new recipes to try... and I may just think of something to post on here soon.
I love the lavosh. Those cooking classes with the Christensens were so fun.

EmilyCC said...

Ah, I owe it all to my online teaching. It always boosts my blogging because I think, "I need a break from grading. Let's find a recipe to post." Speaking of which...um, I should go :)