Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Lemon Cream

Another great Kate H. recipe.

LEMON CREAM
Norma Gillespie

1 pkg lemon jello
1/2 c sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1 c boiling water
6-oz frozen lemonade concentrate (thawed)
1 c whipped cream I whipped cream for a total of 2 cups. Why? Because I wanted the color of the lemon cream to be lighter. Only after I put it in to set did I realize that doubling the whip cream may have made the lemon cream not set. Fortunately, it did set, but it didn't keep the shape of the mold quite as well.

Whisk jello, sugar, salt, and boiling water until dissolved. Stir in 6-oz frozen lemonade concentrate. Chill until jelly-like consistency. Fold in 1c (1/2 pt) whipped cream. Lightly spray mold with Pam. Fill mold and refrigerate until set. I let mind sit overnight. To remove from the mold, I placed it in hot water for about 5 minutes, and then, inverted the mold on the plate. (ok, I made my friend, Kirstin, do this because I was too nervous) Serve with seasonal fresh fruit. Blackberries and strawberries are delicious with this!

No comments: