Friday, October 16, 2009

Pumpkin Alfredo

Ah! It's been too long! I've found that watching what I eat requires that I spend much less time cooking fun things. Such a drag...

But, it's made me much more discriminating about what I'll try. I've been visiting Our Best Bites for a while (and I wish I could remember who directed me to the site because I need to thank them!). These ladies do it all--make their own recipes, take pictures and offer excellent notes, which leaves me with very little to add to this recipe. I made the Guiltless Alfredo that went with it instead of buying alfredo sauce, and I'm with Sara--I hate calling it "guiltless" because that would imply that it's not as good as the original, but it really is.

And, ditto with serving it over plain pasta. This sauce tastes like a squash ravioli filling, so there's no need to guild that lily, though I was tempted to buy some cheesy ravioli.

No comments: