Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Spinach Blueberry Salad

Lukey and I love to go to Trader Joe's and try their samples. Yesterday, they had this blueberry salad. It's just so pretty with the blueberries and the gorgonzola. Really, there's not enough blue food in the world. We had it for dinner tonight, and even Asher tried the spinach once I told him about the blueberry dressing.

Spinach Blueberry Salad
1 bag of baby spinach
1 cup fresh blueberries I was too cheap to buy these
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 c crumbled Gorgonzola
1/2 c candied walnuts we did candied almonds

Dressing
1 cup red wine olive oil dressing I was at TJ's, but I think any red wine dressing would do
1/2 c blueberry preserves again, you could get these anywhere, but I like that TJ's had all the blueberries well-blended, so I didn't have a chunky salad dressing.

Whisk together preserves and dressing and toss over salad.

1 comment:

k said...

I also love TJ's, for the samples too! I haven't seen this recipe, sounds delish.