Sunday, November 1, 2009

Brie en Croute

I got this recipe from my Catholic friend in my Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) group when I was in chaplaincy training. I miss those days! She, of course, just rattled it off the top of her head. I've added the measurements I used to make mine.

Brie en Croute
Patricia Shea

Circle of brie I used a small 8 oz brie circle
1 package of Pepperidge Farm frozen pastry dough, thawed I only used one sheet since I used the smaller sized brie
1 jar apricot jam I used 1/4 c jam
slivered almonds I used 2 T

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut into two circles of pastry bigger than the brie. Place one circle on baking sheet. Place brie in the center of the circle. Ease the edges of the dough around the brie. Use water to hold cimpring.

Spread jam on top of the brie and sprinkle with almonds. Place second circle of pastry over brie and crimp the edges to fit and attach to bottom layer. Brush dough with egg yolk wash. Decorate by designing patterns with a knife on the top layer. Bake for 30 minutes until lightly brown and puffy.

No comments: