Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Yogurt Chicken

I thought my first contribution to this blog would be something more 'gourmet'. We had an old favorite last night for dinner and I realized I forgot how much my kids and I enjoy this dish. I didn't have plain yogurt, so I substituted sour cream, it was still delicious.

4-6 Chicken Breasts (we like them sliced thin or pounded out)
1-2 C. Unflavored Yogurt
3/4 tsp. Garlic (powder works)
3 C. Ritz Crackers, crushed
1/4 C. Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4-1/2 C. Melted Butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix Crackers, Garlic, and Cheese together.
Put half of melted butter in a baking dish (9x13).
Coat chicken with yogurt and then roll in cracker mixtures.
Place in baking dish and drizzle with remaining butter.

Bake covered 30-45 minutes (depending on thickness of chicken breasts),
then continue to bake uncovered 10-15 minutes.

This chicken goes with any side, we had wild rice pilaf and veggies.

1 comment:

EmilyCC said...

Oh, this looks delicious!

So glad you've joined us, Laurie!