Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cold Sesame Noodles

Another Arcadia Ward Cookbook favorite. They're almost as good as the noodles you can get in NYC's Chinatown!

And, I've tried A LOT of these noodle recipes to find a Chinatown replicate.

1 lb linguine or lo mien noodles

Sauce:
3 T soy sauce
2 T rice vinegar
2 T packed brown sugar
1/2 C creamy peanut butter
1 T sesame oil
1 t grated gingerroot (or 1/3 t ground ginger)
1/2 c chicken broth
1/4 to 1/2 t red pepper flakes

Noodles: Cook al dente according to the directions on package. Rinse

Sauce: Cook all ingredients in a saucepan on medium heat. Stir until thickened and smooth. Cool. Toss and garnish with chopped scallions (and I like to add chopped cilantro and squeeze a little lime juice over the top).

2 comments:

EmilyCC said...

Anna and I were talking about this recipe today, and I realized I forgot to note that I usually add some vegetables or chicken to this because otherwise, it can feel like there's too much sauce.

David and Jessica Clyde said...

We had this for dinner on Sunday. So good! Thanks em!!