Friday, October 8, 2010

Tahini Cookies

We've started a multiple food elimination diet at our house (for 7 days only, thank heavens) but I found this recipe that is actually adequately good for a cookie. And my kids loved helping me make it. With no eggs, the dough can be eaten raw.

Ingredients

  • 6 tablespoons tahini
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I used sliced almonds)
  • 1/2 cup raisins (optional)

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
  2. In a medium bowl, stir together the tahini, honey and cinnamon. Mix in walnuts and oats until well blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 2 inches apart.
  3. Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are slightly brown. Cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
(Courtesy of Allrecipes)

1 comment:

Kate said...

I'm off to google tahini. I have no idea what that is!
I'm interested to read the results of your diet experiment! Good for you!