Sunday, March 16, 2014

Cilantro Lime Veggie Dip

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Yesterday, we celebrated Asher's birthday, and I wanted to do a veggie tray. Veggie dips that come with the veggie tray tend to be yucky, but I only have one dip that I love. It's Ina Garten's Pan Fried Onion Dip. It's delicious and takes forever, and well, I didn't really plan on a veggie tray until about 3 hours before the party.

I consulted a few favorite blogger cooks and my Better Homes and Garden Cook Book and came up with this. 

Cilantro Lime Veggie Dip
Emily Clyde Curtis
about 2 cups

1 brick softened cream cheese (mine was a low-fat greek yogurt cream cheese)
1 cup sour cream
1 small garlic clove, finely minced
2 scallions, finely choppes
1 lime, zested and juiced
handful (approximately 1/3 cup chopped) cilantro
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Mix all together, adjust lime, salt and garlic according to taste.
 

No comments: