Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Kirstin's Sugar Cookies

So, I have this friend, Kirstin, who makes the MOST AMAZING sugar cookies (really, I wasn't a big sugar cookie fan before having her's). And, I love her recipe--it's simple and quick to make. The dough doesn't need to refridgerate, there is only one fat addition (though a sour cream/shortening/butter combo has always sounded delicious, I have never actually made a sugar cookie recipe that asks for such complicated feats of baking), and Asher LOVES his Asher-safe version--and, unfortunately for my waistline, so do I.

Kristin's Sugar Cookies

1 cube of butter, softened 1/2 c of Smart Balance or Earth Balance
1 c sugar
1/2 t vanilla
1 egg Egg Replacer

2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 c flour

Combine first four ingredients. Then add dry ingredients. Roll out and cut into shapes. Bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes I set the timer. Makes about 2 dozen cookies. I always at least double the recipe!!! Me, too!

I've never made the frosting, but it's delicious.
Frosting for Sugar Cookies

1 stick butter
1/2 c milk

Bring just to a boil. Remove from heat and add 1 t vanilla and 1 box of powdered sugar. Mix well and add food coloring.

No comments: