Thursday, February 5, 2009

Coconut and Macadamia Nut Banana Bread

I love banana bread. Below is an Asher-safe version that I make at least once a month (sometimes, every week) because my kids love it for breakfast.

I'm not usually one to tinker with a favorite recipe, but when I saw this one, I just had to try it. I don't think I use the word, "sublime" much, but it fits for this recipe. Really, it seems a shame to call it plain old "banana bread." Will you think less of me if I can't help but wonder what a drizzle of chocolate ganache would do?

Banana Bread
Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook

1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1/8 t salt
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t freshly grated nutmeg
1 egg we use egg replacer
3 medium bananas masher they should be pretty "trouty" as my mom would say
3/4 c sugar
1/4 c oil

Grease 8x4x4 bread pan. In med mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, bakin soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.

In mixer, combine egg, bananas, sugar, and oil. Add dry ingredients and mix until just moistened.

Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes until knife comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.

With a gluten-free baking replacement, this bread can easily be a Top-8 allergy free item.

No comments: