Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My favorite appetizers

Bruschetta with Gorgonzola Cheese and Honey
Giada De Laurentiis

36 slices (1/2-inch thick) baguette bread, about 1 loaf
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
8 ounces Gorgonzola, sliced
3 tablespoons honey

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Arrange the sliced baguette on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil. Bake until the bread is pale golden and crisp, about 10 minutes. I always get my bread too crunchy, so it’s more like a crouton than a toasted appetizer. But, once it’s golden, I feel like it’s too crispy. Any suggestions?

Arrange the cheese on the toasts and bake until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.

Drizzle the toasts with honey. Place on a serving platter and serve immediately.

Cream Cheese grapes
Susan Stewart Rich

3 oz package cream cheese, softened
1 T finely chopped crystallized ginger
15-20 seedless grapes
½ c almonds, toasted and finely chopped

Blend cheese and ginger with an electric mixer. Stir grapes into cheese. Roll grapes in almonds. Place grapes on waxed paper-lined plate and chill until firm.
Since not all of us are/were in the Boston Gourmet Group, I thought I’d include this one from Susan. I make it whenever I want to impress.

No comments: