Thursday, January 24, 2008

Emily's Crock Pot Chili Verde

In a moment of desperation Monday morning, I thought I'd try a little experiment for dinner. Not really gourmet, but who doesn't love an easy recipe?

2-3 lbs pork tenderloin
1 15 oz. can green enchilada sauce (I like the vegetarian ones because the pork kind can have icky meat in them)
1 4 oz can diced green chiles
1 medium onion, diced
2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 t cumin, or to taste
2 t chili powder, or to taste
salt to taste (sometimes it doesn't need any, though)

Throw all ingredients in slow cooker on low for 8-10 hours. Remove pork tenderloin and shred. Mix back in. I thickened it a bit with a can of refried beans, so the juices didn't run out of our burritos as much (and it lasts longer :) ).

This Chili Verde can be used as filling for a burrito or with Huevos Rancheros. I like it with cheese and sour cream in a burrito.

No comments: