Sunday, June 27, 2010

Delicious Green Smoothie

When I buy the tub of organic baby spinach from Costco about half of it goes bad before I use it.
I'm really the only person that likes salads in my house.

But, everyone likes smoothies. So, I found and modified a smoothie recipe with spinach and aside from the color, my family loved it. If it wasn't green, you'd never know there was spinach in it!

Ingredients:

2 cups spinach (packed down a little)
1 ripe banana (I peel my brown bananas then freeze them for easy use)
1/4 to 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
1/4 to 1/2 cup water (depending on how thick you want it!)

Use whatever fruit you have on hand: cantaloupe and grapes, and strawberries are great for freezing and make good smoothies. The banana and pineapple keep the color a pretty green. When I added strawberries and a few blackberries it turned darker, pea-soupish.

Blend and serve!

No comments: