Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another New Category

I just added dairy-free as a new category to the side bar. I have a lovely friend who has just found out that her newborn is allergic to milk, so well, that means something very unfortunate for a breastfeeding mother.

Laura has the added difficulty of being a vegetarian who can't eat dairy. Yikes!

One time, I had to go off dairy for 9 months because of a certain someone I was breastfeeding. (Actually, I should have gone off dairy for the other certain someone, but I didn't know better. Poor Baby Asher and his eczema, diarrhea, and vomitting!)

Then, I realized if we do have another baby, I'll probably be going off dairy again. (Seriously, I love Luke a little bit more for deciding he was done with that whole dairy problems at 9 months--just in time for buttery holiday goodness.)

Anyway, surely, Laura and I can't be the only ones in this camp. So, hopefully, this new category will be helpful to others.

1 comment:

k said...

This is a great idea. I know that on the Weston Price-esque blogs I follow a lot of dairy-free people use coconut oil or olive oil instead of butter, coconut milk instead of milk, and raw milk if they are lactose-intolerant (raw milk doesn't help for those with casein problems though.) thenourishinggourmet.com has a lot of those because she is off milk.