Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Spinach Chicken Salad

Love this recipe from Adrianne. Like the other contributors on this site, I know that if I get a recipe from Adrianne, it'll be delicious.

Spinach Chicken Salad
1 bunch of spinach, washed, torn into bite size pieces I've used whatever lettuce is in my fridge
1 bunch of green onions, sliced thinly
12 oz bowtie pasta, cooked and chilled
8 oz sugared almonds
1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, 1 orange or yellow pepper I do 2 peppers since I'm the only one who eats them
4-6 chicken breasts

Cook chicken in peanut oil. Chicken will brown nicely. Cut into bit size pieces. In large bowl combine green onions, cooked pasta, chicken and peppers. Toss with dressing and allow to chill until ready to serve.

Dressing:
¼ cup sesame seeds
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
½ to ¾ cup oil
3 T sugar
¼ t salt
¼ t pepper
1/3 cup soy sauce

Right before serving, toss with additional dressing if needed and gently add spinach. Sprinkle sugared almonds on top.

I like the salad best Adrianne's way, but lately, I've been pouring the salad dressing over the chicken, peppers, pasta, and green onions. Then, putting that mixture over a bed of lettuce (or just eating it without the lettuce like a pasta salad).

No comments: